Monday, July 31, 2006

I WILL get healthy!

I'm uhhh fat. There, I said it. I am. I didn't think I was, but looking at pictures and the fact that my clothes keep shrinking, well, I think it's time to face the facts. I. am. fat. Now, I'm not being down on myself - I'm not saying I'm fat and ugly, because I don't think I am. Ugly that is. But I am fat.

So I decided that once school started back up, I'd go for a walk after dropping them off at school. Even something small to get off my butt! School started last week, and so did I. I'm not walking far, or long, but it's a start, right? Right now I'm at about 18 minutes, and I'll slowly add more time. Today after my walk, I noticed my 17 year old son's bike in the garage, and thought "hmmmmm!" So I took it for a whirl around the block. Ok, it's been ages since I've been on a bike! What fun! But it was definitely a different exercize than walking, and I was winded when I got back. I think I'll add the bike ride to my plan. Tomorrow, I'll go around twice!

And you know what? Even if I don't lose weight, I feel better about ME.

No comments: