Monday, August 14, 2006

Apples of Gold

Today is the day that Apples Of Gold by Lisa Samson releases! My 14 year old has been bugging daily about this book, so I think we might have to make a detour on the way home from school this afternoon to pick it up. From Amazon.com:

Book Description
“Once upon a time, many years ago, when true love walked hand in hand with kisses and promises, and decisions were made to last forever, two girls received a summons to appear before the governor.…”

So begins the story of two sisters in a long-ago land who are presented with a precious gift. The governor wants the young women to protect and care for this gift until the return of his son, the prince of the land. Upon the prince’s return, one sister will be chosen to serve the prince according to how the gift was cared for–and both sisters will be surprised by what the prince wants to offer the one who best cherishes the gift.

The young women have dreams of being happy and loved. But how they see the gift–and themselves–will determine how that gift is treasured and what will remain of their dreams.

Apples of Gold
is a powerful parable about the beauty of sexual purity and the prize that awaits those who are committed to the keeping of such a gift.


It's a message that I wish someone told me. To me it seems a lot of the problems that plague women today is that many of them have a hard time seeing their value in God's eyes, they listen too much to what the world says about them. I know that's been at the root of a lot of my problems in life. So I'm looking forward to having another tool to help teach my daughters who they are in Christ.

And if it's not totally obvious from my links, I think Lisa Samson is a wonderful author. Each book of hers that I've read has really touched me. She writes with a realness and honesty that I have found rare in Christian fiction. So if you have a teenage girl in your life, get this book! There is also a blog specifically for this book aimed at teenage girls, what a great idea!

Update: Got it, read it, LOVE it!

No comments: