Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Blobbery

It's a very good word, don't you think? I think it's perfect! Coined by my 6 year old son, it describes exactly how I feel right now. Blobbery. Not to be mistaken for blubbery, which means being in a condition of blubbering, or crying, blobbery is that feeling you have when you are emotionally, mentally, or physically drained. When your arms and legs feel like rubbery goo, and it's difficult to force words out of your mouth. That's ok, because when you're blobbery, you really don't have the will to move anyway. Sometimes it can be a good blobbery, and sometimes it can be a bad blobbery.

I feel blobbery. I rode probably about 2 miles today, which for me is amazing :P I'm old and out of shape, but each day I've gone farther than the day before. Today I wanted to go see my friend Becky, and I needed to ride, so I decided to be efficient about it and do both at the same time. She probably lives about a mile away if you take the foot bridge over the freeway. I really did NOT want to go ride today. I worked overtime last night (lack of sleep sucks but the money's decent) and I was tired! But in reality, I was more lazy than tired, and God is dealing with me on that. So I went. I thought I might die on my way back, but here I am, typing away, so I survived. I even managed to not get smooshed by cars. And now, I feel really blobbery. It's definitely a good blobbery.

3 comments:

mouse said...

connie saw your post on clemntines blog. Try not to focus so much on the abuse. She is young, you got her help early, that will help but what will help more is to tell her you are here to listen anytime she feels like talking. And don't try and have an answer or a it's gonna be all right response for everything cause mainly she probably just wants you to listen while she gets it all out there. Hold her and hug her as she talks to you. Tell her often (every day or several times a day) how special she is, how good she is, how much you love her and how much God loves her. That is one of my biggest problems, I didn't think my dad loved me, didn't think my mom cared and didn't think God loved me so I just figured I was bad and not worth anyone loving me.

Brenda said...

Hey, I know that feeling, but mine is usually the lazy kind. :(

I followed your link here from Clemntine's Chronicles. I want you to know I'll be praying for you and your daughter as you help her to heal. I don't know if you're familiar with RAINN, but here's the link to their website: http://million.rainn.org/ I hope you can find some helpful information there.

I noticed that you also have a prayer journal/blog. We have that in common. I'll be back, because I've read several of your posts, and I enjoy your writing.

Connie said...

Thanks Brenda! Mine is usually the lazy kind too, I think I have to be the most lazy person I know. This exercise thing is really just a faith thing because on my own, I won't do it. But I know if I don't do this, I can't be who God wants me to be.

I have not heard of RAINN, I will definitely check that out. Thanks for the prayers, they are always appreciated :)

And thanks for saying you like my writing, that means a lot to me :) It's nice to know someone is interested!

Connie