Friday, August 11, 2006

Compassion problem

I have a confession to make. I'm having a compassion problem. I have plenty of compassion for people with all sorts of problems, but not people who commit crimes. I know all sin is sin, and I know I am no better in the sight of the Lord than the people who rape, rob, murder and steal, but I'm having a hard time mustering up any compassion for the people behind the crimes. I had compassion for my husband for a long time after he was arrested, in fact I was one of his biggest supporters. Then he kept lying to me, trying to control and manipulate me, and being a selfish narcissistic jerk and my compassion for him is gone. I can and do forgive him. However I do not ever want to see or speak to him again. He's got to be either mentally ill or demon possessed, or both, which would cause him to behave the way he does. But I think I've lost the ability to think of him in terms of a human being. I know in my head that God can change him, the problem is, I don't believe he will LET God change him, because he believes the lies he tells himself.

On the morning of Easter this year, I got home from work to find my daughter's car sitting on nothing but the rotors. Tires, rims, hubcaps, lugnuts, all gone. They didn't even have the courtesy to put it on cinder blocks. She made a police report, replaced the tires, and thought that was that. It wasn't. She went to have her car serviced because the a/c isn't working, and they told her they can't fix it because of all the damage to the underside of the car. Everything is all bent, and the estimate is around $3500. It's a result of them dropping her car on the ground when they stole the tires.

My daughter's former roommate was kidnapped at gunpoint in April. She was forced to empty her checking account and drive to Nevada, where the guy raped her. Thankfully he left her alive and she was able to return to Arizona. I can't even imagine what that poor girl has been through.

Police in Mesa Arizona have captured two suspects in connection with a random "serial shooter." When they were arrested, one said they were engaging in "random recreational violence." What kind of person thinks violence is an acceptable leisure activity??

I'm just so tired of people who are so willing to take things that are not theirs to take, you know? Whether it's a bike, tires, a car, a child's innocence, someone's dignity, or someone's life. I just have no compassion for those people. I would be awful at a ministry that went into prisons to show love to those people. I think Jesus would have compassion for them. He wouldn't like what they did/were doing, but I know He loves them and wants them saved as much as He loves me.

I don't know how to fix this problem. Sometimes I'm not sure I want to.

1 comment:

~*Yuki*~ said...

OMG! That poor girl who was rapped. I can't imagine how she must feel. Ok, well, till later posts!

Peace,
~*Yuki*~