Thursday, August 17, 2006

Hurry up and wait

That's what I've been doing all day. The past two days really. Call the insurance company, wait for a call back. Call the rental car company, wait for the insurance company to call them. Call the tow yard, wait till I have a rental car so I can go down there and release my car to the body shop.

One thing I've learned over the years is not to pray for patience. When you do that, God only gives you more things that will test your patience, and if you had the patience, you wouldn't be asking for more! So instead I've been praying for peace. I KNOW God will give me that - He always does.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

You know, I used to tell myself that all the time. I've learned since then, just recently as a matter of fact, that asking for patience might be exactly what He wants you to do.

I resisted for a very long time, but when I finally gave in and asked for patience, He gave me peace as well.

I'm praying for you!