Sunday, August 06, 2006

I'm happy, right?

I do not need a man to be happy, I do not need a man to be happy, I do not need a man to be happy... I keep reminding myself of that, and it really is true, I don't. I love my job, I love my kids, I am finally for the first time in my life confident enough to know that I can take care of myself and my kids without help. Not that help is a bad thing, but it's been one of my pitfalls in life... I finally understand I am capable of earning enough to support a family, I am capable of managing my family, and I don't need someone to take care of me, other than my Heavenly Father, of course... which I know that He provided the ability for me to do that. Anyway, if I know all these things, why do I find myself wishing I had someone? In reality, I'd be scared to death if I met someone who was interested in me, but I can't put the idea that it would be so nice to have a hug from someone who cared about me "in that way." Or to have that special someone remember that my birthday is coming up. Well, I think I've made the point. It's not that I need a guy, it's that part of me kind of wants one. And the other part? That part would run screaming from the room if one showed up.

No comments: