Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Is that....what I think it is?

I asked the collision repair shop that has my car to send me the pictures of it. The damage, although expensive, was not nearly as bad as I imagined it would be right after the crash. Before I got out of my car, I was just sure that my whole front end was smashed. There were some pretty nice sized dents, and the hood was buckled, but the only part of the engine that was damaged was the radiator and the radiator supports.
So anyway, I get the pictures by email, the pictures were after they took the front bumper off, and... is that... is that...styrofoam?? In the big version, that's really what it looks like, and in another picture too. Using styrofoam on cars! Who knew?! (I do have to say though, I'm pleased with how my tiny lil car weathered the crash - I was probably going 40 or so when we hit!)

I confess until I had the accident, I didn't like my car very much. I had a bad attitude. It wasn't what I wanted. I had my heart set on a red 2006 Toyota Corolla. Instead, I got a charcoal gray 2005 Ford Focus. I'm still digging out of the financial issues that losing the breadwinner of the house and then going 8 months without a job caused, and I couldn't get what I wanted. I resented that I had to settle. But you know, I miss it. It did stand up well in that accident. I need to be thankful that I can afford a car that will get me to work and the kids to school, and will be reliable. I am thankful, and I will be glad tomorrow when I get it back :)

2 comments:

mouse said...

The air went out in my van right before summer and everyday I have to get in that van in this HOT GA heat and I complain, complain, complain. But you are right, we should be happy we have a vehical to take us where we need to go. Still need to get that air fixed though but I do love my van, it is paid for (that part I love the most).

Connie said...

UGH Mouse! I'd complain complain complain too! My daughter doesn't have AC in her car right now, it may have gotten broken when her tires were stolen in April. For Phoenix, that's not such a good thing. Our fingertips melt as it is when we get in our cars that are parked outside.

Before I got this car, I had a 2000 Chevy Astro. I loved it. I just couldn't afford the gas for it anymore.