Tuesday, August 15, 2006

it's been a really hard day

The sadness I mentioned earlier has lingered (which is kind of strange for me, but I guess I've been more stressed out than I've been willing to admit to myself,) and then it got worse with a letter from....him. I am so frustrated and fed up, I've been on the verge of tears. On the way to pick my son and his friends up from play rehearsal, I called my friend Becky and asked if we could hit Starbucks later on. She agreed and I was able to pull myself together enough to pick the kids up without them knowing I was about to become a blubbering mess. I had my 17 year old son, a 14 year old daughter of a friend of mine, and then two of my son's friends from school. I was driving along, minding my own business, when this white car pulled out of a parking lot in front of me. I tried to stop but I couldn't, and I hit the driver's side rear of his car. He spun around, my airbags deployed and shattered my windshield, it did quite a number on my front end. The good news is it wasn't my fault. The best news is that nobody was seriously injured. I've got scratch/burns on my arms from the airbag and my chest feels like I've been hit in the sternum with a baseball bat. It could have been a lot worse, and I thank God it wasn't worse. But now I really just want to curl up and sleep for a week or so. RATS! There goes my 9+ years of no tickets or accidents.

2 comments:

Faith said...

Man, glad y'all are okay!!! Sorry about the whole thing though!!! Tomorrow will be better! ;D

Connie said...

Thanks so much Faith! Tomorrow HAS to be better! (probably with the help of drugs - I'm very sore already!)

I bookmarked your blog - I have 5 kids too :)