Monday, August 28, 2006

The Name Game

Barb wrote:

I'd really love to know what inspired your blog's name. Does it have some special meaning to you?
Ok, I'll play! When I set up my blog, I was really just playing around, not sure if I would follow through with blogging, and This Little Blog of Mine was the first thing that popped into my head for a title.

I thought the word little was appropriate because I didn't (and don't) expect it to be read by thousands of people on a daily basis. Definitely small scale. Also, I liked the play on the words with the song title This Little Light of Mine. I wanted my faith to be evident in my blog as I want it to be evident in my life. I don't want to be preachy or heavy handed, but I want my attitudes and actions to serve as a light so that others may see Christ better. I don't always succeed, in my blog or in my life, but I'll keep trying :)

13 comments:

Susie said...

Great name for a blog. Oh, the memories of singing that little song.

Brenda said...

I liked the name immediately because the first thing I thought of when I saw it was the song.

Nikkie said...

I really like th ename of your blog! Its very cute!

Susanne said...

I love this name!

Sandra said...

What a great name for a blog, love it :)

Cindy said...

Very appropriate, since we're called to be salt and light. I like the play on words!

Barb said...

It's such a catchy title I'll bet everyone thinks of the song when they see your blog name. And I love the way you put that "little light" in your header.

Julie said...

Oh yes, there I go, singing your little song. What a sweet story!

Pamela said...

I love your name and your little light is definitely shining! Wow, your a 911 operator and a Mom and you have time to blog...thats impressive! thanks for sharing!

Connie said...

I can blog so that I stay sane after dealing with the kids and the 911 stuff... :) And don't be impressed with me, because it's only by the Grace of God...

Thanks for the kind comments!

Jennifer said...

I think it's a really great name.

Praying for your Prodigal said...

Great name! And great idea Barb had--this name-game thing! Perfect opportunity to do some blog-surfing.

Diane

Eagles Wings Mommy said...

Thanks for stopping by, and belated happy 39th to you as well!
Wow - that's cool, I love that song, this little light of mine....
I'm teaching it to my three sons!
and as susie said oh the memories of singing that little song!!!
Blessings