Sunday, August 06, 2006

peace

What is peace? I read a comment on a message board website, and the poster said the definition of peace is the absence of anger. I'm not sure I agree with that. I can be anxious something, and not be angry, but still don't have peace. My favorite verse - Phillipians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious for anything, but in everything, with prayer and petition, present your requests to God, and the peace that passes understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I think peace is the absence of fear, anxiety, and anger. If one is present, there is no peace. That peace that passes understanding, it's hard for me as a puny-brained human to get there and stay there. But I keep trying.

I guess I just answered my own previous post! Do not be anxious about anything...

No comments: