Thursday, August 10, 2006

Timing is everything

So here is one of those stories I mentioned about God's love and provision through what has without a doubt been the single most horrific event in my life.

In early 2004, my husband agreed that we should become members of the church we had been attending for the past 5 years. We were heavily involved and participating, he just didn't want to become a member because there was one thing on the church's statement of faith that he did not agree with (he's a post-mil kinda guy, whereas the church is very pre-mil.) It wasn't an issue that was big enough for him to not want to go there, but he didn't want to lie and say he believed that during the membership process if he didn't (of course, all the other things he lied about... but... that's not my point!) But the church wanted him to help teach our adult enrichment class (aka Sunday School) and one has to be a member to do that. The church agreed to let us become members, acknowledging that one difference, and everybody was ok with that. There were some hearts that had to change to allow this to happen. During the membership classes, the pastor told us that one of the benefits of membership was that they placed a higher priority on helping members in need than people who just showed up every week. It was a committment thing on both sides. We were welcomed as members on February 8th, 2004. On February 29th, 2004, my husband took my daughter with him to meet in person a pedophile he had met on the internet. They had set a date of March 12th for the 3 of them to get together in a hotel room, and I think you can figure out what the reason for that is, because I surely can't type it. My husband was arrested March 1st.

The creator of the whole universe reached down and saved my daughter. I have little doubt that she would not be here today if God had not intervened. He set us in the place where we needed to be to get help the help we would need, then He stopped this evil that was brought into our lives.

2 comments:

Erna said...

Connie, I'm just going through your site a little more. Praise God that He has you and your family in the palm of His hand. I cannot imagine all you felt going through what you did. I am blessed by your blog. I will be praying for your daughter. :0)

Grafted Branch said...

Oh. I'm just getting around to your back ground posts. I knew something had happened, but I couldn't have imagined...