Saturday, September 30, 2006

100th post - 100 things about me

  1. I was born in Barberton Ohio, on August 20th 1967

  2. I have 3 sisters

  3. I have no brothers

  4. I am the baby

  5. I didn't hate being the baby of the family until someone outside of the family pointed it out to me.

  6. I remember a dream I had when I was 4.

  7. I remember exactly where I was and what I was wearing when my grandmother called my mom to tell her my grandfather died. I was 4.

  8. I remember doing some really bad things as a kid

  9. Among the worst was using my mom's brand new laundry basket as a toilet

  10. My mom believed in spanking

  11. I deserved every spanking she gave me.

  12. I had an invisible friend named Trixie Marie.

  13. Now I think that sounds like a name for a.... Lady of the Evening.

  14. I always sat behind my mom in the car

  15. Once I almost caused her to have an accident by grabbing her hair, pulling her head back and saying “Mommy, you know you could be beautiful... if you let me brush your hair...”

  16. I threw my shoes and socks out the car window once. On the freeway. Before the 55 mile per hour speed limit.

  17. Did I mention I deserved every spanking my mom gave me?

  18. My sister Vonda was probably worse than me.

  19. She got me in trouble a LOT.

  20. I had very bad eczema as a child and used to get teased a lot.

  21. My mom died when I was 10

  22. She was only 36.

  23. I've already outlived my mom.

  24. She died 3 days after Christmas

  25. I had to give my Christmas presents that year to cousins who were in from out of town because my mom was so sick.

  26. They were all eventually replaced, but it wasn't the same.

  27. I got Donnie and Marie dolls that year.

  28. My dog chewed up Donnie shortly after Christmas.

  29. I didn't much care.

  30. I didn't cry after my mom died. I don't think I really understood.

  31. I've cried about my mom dying a lot as an adult.

  32. I didn't tell anybody at school that my mom died. It was during Christmas break, so I went back to school after New Years and didn't say anything to anybody.

  33. My teacher didn't know until the end of the school year.

  34. I loved school.

  35. I pretended I hated school.

  36. I never did my homework, but always did exceptionally well on tests.

  37. I was a flag twirler with the marching band in high school.

  38. I studied Italian in high school.

  39. I went to a foster home in the middle of my junior year, and went to a new school.

  40. I met my very best friend in the whole world at the new school.

  41. She is still my very best friend.

  42. I became a mom at 17.

  43. I graduated from high school in January, but got my diploma with the rest of my class in June.

  44. My daughter was 3 weeks old at my graduation.

  45. She graduated from the same high school in the same auditorium.

  46. I earned a scholarship to Lake Erie College in Painesville Ohio.

  47. I didn't take it.

  48. Not taking it has been one of my biggest regrets.

  49. Being a mom was the first thing that I came across that I thought I did well.

  50. I've done it 4 more times since then.

  51. I've worked in a laundromat.

  52. I've worked at a beauty shop (I was the receptionist, my sister owned it.)

  53. I've worked in a bed and bath shop

  54. A fabric shop

  55. A frame shop

  56. I've done day care out of my home.

  57. I've worked at an answering service.

  58. I've worked for a software duplication company.

  59. I loved the people there.

  60. I've worked for Uhaul in their emergency road service assistance call center.

  61. I count that as the worst job I've ever had.

  62. I've worked as a teacher's aide at a preschool.

  63. I was going to college to become a respiratory therapist but changed my mind when I witnessed a man die from emphysema.

  64. Plus, watching them intubate people made me gag.

  65. I did get to help do CPR on someone while in the program.

  66. The guy lived! And recovered enough to go home. When someone gets CPR in the hospital, it's not extremely common for them to recover that much.

  67. If I could have any job I wanted, I'd be a midwife.

  68. I think I'd be good at it.

  69. I think I am pretty good at the job I have now.

  70. Now I wish I would have studied Spanish in high school instead of Italian.

  71. I have picked up some Spanish at work. Now I can understand “they stole my car” and “the music is too loud.”

  72. I moved to Arizona from Ohio in 1999.

  73. My last child was born at home, in this home where I live now.

  74. It was on purpose.

  75. If I were to have another baby, which I REALLY don't want to do, I'd have a homebirth again.

  76. My oldest daughter is 21. I can wait for grandkids.

  77. I have 2 cats.

  78. I don't really like cats.

  79. I'm more of a dog person.

  80. I had hamsters and dogs growing up.

  81. I had a dog named Ugly.

  82. I had a dog named Lady.

  83. These two cats are different.

  84. They are both amazing.

  85. Zorro is really my 17 year old's cat. He found the cat at school and his algebra teacher thought of the name.

  86. Chloe is the only one of the cats that hangs out on my laptop.

  87. I do really like my lappy.

  88. I don't think I can go back to sharing a computer with the kids.

  89. My 17 year old has far surpassed me in technogeekiness. Is that even a word?

  90. I love to sing, but I make dogs cry and babies howl when I do.

  91. I think I've always believed in God.

  92. I used God and faith as a crutch for a lot of years.

  93. The biggest lesson I've learned is that God is faithful even when we are not.

  94. I need to be more disciplined about reading the Bible and praying.

  95. I've figured out that a lot of the biggest mistakes I have made in my life (and honey there have been PLENTY!) have been because I didn't understand my value to God.

  96. I've been slowly learning that lesson over the past couple years.

  97. I'm much farther along the road than I was last year at this time.

  98. I can definitely see how God has used evil for good in the situation with my daughter and my husband. I hesitate to claim that too loudly, because she may not feel the same way.

  99. I pray one day my daughter will be able to see that too.

  100. I can praise God, because we are all safer, stronger, and closer to Him.

1 comment:

lori said...

It was nice getting to know you. I had to LOL at a lot of these. You brought a lot of laughter to my morning.