Wednesday, September 06, 2006

If money was no object...

and you didn't want to move, what changes would you make to your house?

I would:
Have my pool totally remodeled to make it a lot smaller and a lot safer (as it is now, it takes up the whole freakin back yard. No room for a fence. And it's old, so therefore a pain in my posterior end. A hole in the ground I throw money into.) Of course, I also wouldn't mind actually having a back yard.

Add an upstairs, with a master suite, complete with jacuzzi.

Tear down the wall between the two existing bathrooms and make it one huge bathroom (keeping in mind there would be a new bathroom in the new upstairs) with door separating the toilet from the rest of the bathroom.

Knock out the wall between the kitchen and... whatever that stupid useless room is. I'd make one huge kitchen (my kitchen is already nice size) and make an island in the middle. I'd move the sliding glass door to the side of the kitchen where the window is now, so that it would open out to the patio instead of right in front of the pool.

And darnit, I'd get rid of this ugly, hard to clean brick on the lower part of my kitchen walls.

It's fun to think about, but really, I'm sure if I had as much money as it would take, I could find a lot of other more important things to spend it on. Like helping people.

5 comments:

eph2810 said...

I would totally redo our two bathrooms, add an Arizona Room on the back, finally finish our bedroom how I like and redo our kitchen...

lori said...

I would have to think about this one for a while. I am sure I could come up with some very useful things to do. "if money were no object"

Julie said...

Well, since we live in Florida, land of perpetual HEAT, I'd put in a gorgeous pool with a waterfall and brick paver-patio, with ceiling fans and lovely outdoor furniture to boot!

THEN, I'd redecorate the entire interior of my house, by calling Nate Berkus (Oprah's pal) and letting him just do his thing (according to my taste).

Last of all, I believe our landscaping could use a fine-tune-up. I'd call my neighbor with the perfect yard's landscaper and get some help PDQ.

Gee, this was fun. My house is lookin' good already...

maurinsky said...

If money were no object...

New roof
landscaping
basement finished
heat brought up to attic
new windows
all new furniture
professional painters to come in and remove all the wallpaper and put up some lovely colors
new screen doors
perhaps a small addition - expand the back of our dining room and make a family room.

If I had a bigger yard, I would definitely have an inground pool.

mouse said...

We just bought our house so I am still in love with it but I would make the kitchen bigger cause that is the only thing wrong with it. I like BIG kitchens and seems the folks in GA are leaning more towards small kitchens because every house we looked at had sorta small kitchens. Then I would hire a decorator to help me finish decorating it.