Thursday, September 21, 2006

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday: What I am thankful for this week


Today, I'm thankful that in 3 days, I will be on vacation for two weeks!

I'm extremely thankful for the resolution of my divorce procedings. As of yesterday, I am officially single again, and it's such a relief. After all that's happened with my daughter's abuse by my husband, I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. It's a calm and a peace, and a hope, that I haven't felt in a long time. I know God hates divorce, but sometimes He understands.

I'm thankful for my children, who really are wonderful, even if I do yell at them a little too much, and sometimes expect too much. Sometimes I only get 3-4 hours of sleep in any given 24 hour period and that makes me very hard to deal with at times. These kids really do so much more than should be expected of them, and I'm thankful they don't seem to hate me for being such a tyrant at times!

Oh, and did I mention? I'm thankful for VACATION!!!!! VACATION!!!! I'm not excited AT ALL!!!

Click here for the Thankful Thursday code


Click here for Chrixean's blog


2 comments:

Julie said...

Connie~
Yes, God understands. Abuse is never part of His plan. It takes a lot of courage to go through what you've gone through, and a big portion of God's grace. You keep leaning on HIM and HE will give you the rest and strength that you need.

ENJOY that vacation, girl. You deserve it!

mouse said...

I hope you and the kids really enjoy your vacation and you can do some fun stuff with the kids and get some sleep.