Thursday, September 28, 2006

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday: What I am thankful for this week


I'm thankful for VACATION!!!!!!!! I haven't done a heck of a lot, but I've enjoyed not doing it!

I'm thankful that the kids are on vacation too. Even though they did start school ridiculously early, now they have a 2 week break, which is really nice I have to say. I'm also thankful for good report cards and good behavior reports all around. I was somewhat worried about my 6 year old, but his teacher had nothing but good things to say.

I'm thankful for men in my church who take the time out of their busy schedules to be there on Wednesday nights for the Awana's program. Today I saw my 6 year old walk up to one of the leaders and give him a hug. That man is making a difference in my son's life. Reminds me of that Ray Boltz song from a long time ago... sometimes you don't know the impact you have on someone till you get to Heaven.

I'm thankful that the city did a job study for my job and decided that they aren't paying us enough, so very soon here I will be getting a 5% raise. I'm so thankful for my job, I know it's straight from God's hand. Before I got my job, I had no idea how I'd ever make enought to support my family, but God had an idea. I hope it doesn't sound like bragging, but for someone who didn't finish college and didn't have a whole lot of marketable skills when I was looking for a job, I'm always amazed when I look at my pay stub! Amazed and thankful, because I KNOW it is because of Him that I have my job.

I'm thankful for cooler temps, at least at night. And for the resulting lower electric bills :)

(Oh yeah, I'm also thankful that silly cat finally got off my laptop!!)

Click here for the Thankful Thursday code

Click here for Chrixean's blog


4 comments:

mouse said...

I really enjoyed reading this post and glad you are enjoying your vacation. Hope you and the kids have time to do something fun.

Julie said...

Woo-hoo...a 5% raise? Gotta love that!

Glad you're enjoying your time off. Sleep in! Eat ice-cream out of the carton! Enjoy!

Bonnie G said...

Congratulations on the raise!!! and savor every moment of the vacation! You've earned it!!!

Brenda said...

Congrats on the raise! And on getting the cat off the laptop. Hope your vacation is everything a vacation should be.