Thursday, October 26, 2006

And so it begins

14 year old DQ was having a craving for apple juice. This is after a day of "Mom, I need a check for $25..." "Mom, I need $5 for..." "Mom, will you get me an ipod for Christmas..." So, as I tend to do occasionally, I told her to get a job. DO YOU KNOW WHAT SHE SAID TO ME?!?! She said, and I quote "Oh my gosh Mom! Do you know how much easier my life would be if I could get a job?!" I, of course looked at her like she had three heads and wondered aloud if she even had a clue what she was saying. Well, of course she did. She's 14! She knows EVERYTHING! She began counting the ways in which her life would be easier if she had a job and her own house. SO! I am marking down this date, and her words, and 20 years from now, Lord willing, I'll check back in with her on this subject. I surely didn't say anything of the sort to my parents, no... (don't roll your eyes at me like that, someone may step on them.) When I informed her I was going to blog about the ridiculousness of the idea of things being easier when she had a job and a house, she said "Fine! Then when I make my millions of dollars, I'll buy a mansion for everybody but you!" That's ok, mansions are too much work to keep clean. I just hope she's nice to me when she chooses my retirement home. :D

3 comments:

lori said...

LOL!!!Oh boy, wait until she gets a job! Things always seem good to us until we are trying to handle school, work, activities, church...

Someday she will know what a great mom you are. She will thank you someday.

Gabrielle said...

hehe. kids these days are more matured than we were...

btw, yesterday i added you to my vox :)

happy friday, connie!

mouse said...

Know what you mean, aren't 14 year olds funny, just so full of themselves. Mine got a bad grade on her progress report and her explanation was "it wasn't my fault, it was the teachers"!! Excuse me?? Who is the one doing the work for that class? Oh, I understand it was the teachers cause she graded the homework you didn't do.