Monday, October 02, 2006

Tagged for the first time!

I've been tagged! Julie at A Joyful Life tagged me and said I get to pick which meme I did. I'm so bad at making decisions, I'll just go ahead and do both...

Friday FIVE - even though it is Monday :)

1. What would I do with Five Minutes To Myself: What I SHOULD do with 5 minutes to myself right now is study the things I will need to know for the dispatcher training class that starts next week. I need to relearn the names and corresponding numbers of a lot of the named streets in the city, and I need to learn the boundaries of the precincts. Fun fun stuff there, woohoo. That's what I SHOULD do. What I would do is check my email and my bloglines, of course.

2. Five dollars to spend to spend right now: I'd take Sassy and Snugglebutt to McDonalds for an ice cream cone and let them play in the play place. Well, I wouldn't do that right now because it's only 7:47am. Or I'd buy some beads. Or gummy bears.

3. 5 Items in my house that I could part with right now:
Only 5? Hmmm ok...
1) The huge old extremely heavy TV that is sitting in my living room. It still works but the color isn't right on it anymore. Bulk trash pick up is coming soon! But that thing takes at least two people to move.
2) The tile in the kitchen, I absolutely hate it.
3) The couch.
4) Still have a lot of my ex-husbands junk I need to deal with. I need to pack it up and take it to his mother's house, but then I'd have to deal with her and sometimes it's just easier not to.
5) 75% of the clothes in this house, no matter who they belong to.


4. 5 Items I could Never Part With:
1) The embroidered pillow case my mom made for me when I was about 4 or 5. It has Sleeping Beauty on it, my name, a bunny and a duck. She used a page from a coloring book for Sleeping Beauty. It's also has stains from nosebleeds I used to get in my sleep as a kid.
2) My laptop.
3) The ring my sister gave me last year for my birthday.
4) My books
5) My thousands and thousands of pictures I've taken over the years.

5. 5 Words I Love:
1) comfortable
2) silly
3) monkey - I lovingly refer to all of my kids as monkeys
4) love
5) home
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now the Word meme - 4 words and what they mean to me without using a dictionary

1. anticipation - hopeful expectancy
2. glory - shine - when we do something that brings glory, our light is shining and bringing attention to ourselves. When we give God he glory, that light is then shined onto Him.
3. perseverance - never giving up, no matter how much you want to.
4. hilarious - something so funny you laugh so hard that your sides ache!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok! Now I tag Mouse from Happenings at the mouse house, and anybody else who wants to play along. You can pick which one you want to do, and if you choose the word meme, the words I choose are: value, content, listen, and control.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hope you can find someone to help you lug that TV outside! I understand about the floor tile. Never knew you had 5 monkeys.*smile*

Thanks for playing!

Connie said...

Yep, 5 monkeys. This place is a zoo! :)

The oldest is 21 and the youngest is 6