Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Just stuff

1) Yes, I did change the blog colors. I was bored with the other color scheme :) I'm trying my absolute hardest to figure out how to make my own template and get it up and running myself, because I'm geeky like that, but hasn't been working out well for me. But, I'll keep at it till I figure it out. Part of that is lack of patience to actually read any instructions... One of these days, though, I WILL make my own blog design!
2) Thank you Julie, your comment on my post yesterday made a lot of sense, and made me think. It was the way of looking at things that I needed to make sense of some things :) Brenda, I like that quote!
3) After a month of being able to behave like a normal human being and obey my body's circadian rhythms, I'm back to the vampire lifestyle, minus the fear of garlic and desire to bite necks. Last night was, umm, interesting, and that two hour stretch between 5am and 7am when it was time to go home was so hard. But it was also my first night in training for dispatch where I actually got to be doing the job instead of having information thrown at me in a classroom setting. It was kind of fun! There is SO MUCH to learn! My trainer and I were not dispatching really, we were on one of the info channels that the officers use when they need a tow, or a cab, or just general information. So it's a little slower so there's more time to figure things out.
4) Anybody know what to add (besides water) to make a stew less salty? I thought I saw a trick somewhere that there was something you could add that would take away some of the saltiness. Anybody know? Quick? ;)

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Your new look is very nice. Love the purple!

I worked the night shift for several years and hated it at first, but once I settled into a routine (sleep while kids are in daycare/school) I loved it. So glad you're enjoying the new job. :o)

My mother-in-law adds potatoes to reduce saltiness.

Julie said...

Well, you're way ahead of me...at least you're capable of reading the blog design instructions and understanding them!

I'm so technologically impaired it's a wonder I haven't hurt myself blogging! LOL

I guess I didn't realize you were going back to the night shift. I really don't know how you do it!

And, lastly, though it's entirely too late at this point to help you...I've also heard that potatoes reduce the salt by absorbing it.

mouse said...

I was going to say that I had read potatoes somewhere also and since it is a stew that should work out but seems it was a whole potato not a cut up one and then you take the potato out after so much time. Sorry I can't be of more help.