Friday, October 27, 2006

A recipe for you

We've been calling this Chicken, rice and salsa (or CRS for short.) I know the recipe had a different name when I found it online about 4 years ago, but I've modified it a lot since then. My children just love this dish, and always beg me to make it for birthday dinners or when they have friends over. In fact, my kids friends have begged their mothers to make this for their birthday dinners, and then I've had the mothers calling asking for the recipe :) So, here you go!

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, boiled and shredded (you can use less if you need, it's a good way to stretch things.)
3 cups of uncooked rice
2-4 cups shredded cheddar cheese depending on how cheesy you like things (I use a cheddar/monterey jack mix)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 15oz jar of your favorite salsa (I buy the huge jar at costco and use half, but it only comes in medium there and may be a little spicy for kids tastes.)

Cook the rice according to directions, mix together the soups and the salsa, then in a 9x13 baking dish, layer rice, chicken, salsa mix, then cheese, rice, chicken, salsa mix and cheese. Pop it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted to your satisfaction. This recipe serves about 6-8 people.

Serve with a salad and tortilla chips.

3 comments:

Gabrielle said...

I found a networking site where people share recipes there few days ago. It's called "BakeSpace". Add me if you signed up there, too. Well, if you want, of course :)

Pamela said...

Ooh, your recipe for CRS looks like it would disappear real fast around our table. Love Mexican, and love chicken, how can we go wrong! :)

mouse said...

Your chicken recipe sounds really good, I copied it. Thanks.