Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday: What I am thankful for this week


I'm still thankful for VACATION!!!!!! But I feel ready to go back on Monday. Except I need to study some more for this training class that starts Monday. Knowing the names and the corresponding numbers of the major streets in the city was something I had to do for my 911 training class, and now for dispatch, they will test us on them again. And guess what? After the class, they all grew wings and flew right out of my head! But, another thing to be thankful for is a certain 9 year old Sassy girl who wants to help me. We were getting fruit smoothies yesterday after our trip to the park, and out of the blue she said "Ok mom, what's the 100 block for Elliot?" She even made me flash cards.

Funny kids. They really are a hoot. They definitely keep me laughing.

Good Friends - Today I had a fabulous day with my friend Becky. Well, really she's my family. Our sons are best friends and are always over at one another's houses, and our other kids are all friends too. She's been one of my biggest sources of support over the past two and a half years and I love her dearly. Today we went to go see Flyboys - a movie about the Americans who joined the French in World War 1 to fly fighter planes (another thankful thing - a daughter who is a manager at the movie theater and gets me in free on a regular basis! Gotta love free movies!) I'm not much of a war movie fan, but this one was really really good, I was pleasantly surprised. Then we went to lunch, spent an hour and a half there yapping, and then walked around Bed, Bath and Beyond for a while ooohing and aaahing over kitchen gadgets and comforter sets. We met these two older ladies (I'm talking 70's) that were out and about having the same kind of day that Becky and I were, and they were hilarious. Now, Becky has her nose pierced, and after a while the one lady said to Becky "ok honey, let me see your tattoo, because I know you have one!" And then this lady showed us hers on her ankle! LOL!

That even when we can't make sense of the world, when horrible things happen and we can't understand... God can, and does. There are a lot of things I may not understand until I get to heaven, but in the mean time, I find comfort that God knows about those things, and He's in control.

Click here for the Thankful Thursday code

Click here for Chrixean's blog


1 comment:

terra said...

I'm so glad you had a nice day! free movie. Good lunch! Best friend! Fun old ladies! What more can one ask for!!

I love how Sassy girl is helping you with your work. That's really sweet. :)