Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Anybody want a cat?

That cat that found us? The one that refuses to leave, or even go outside... She really is a sweetheart, we love her just to pieces. But there's this problem...

So, the other night I was sleeping, minding my own business, when I hear this tiny "meow." I did what anybody who has only two nights a week to sleep like a normal human being would do - I ignored it. But then I heard it again, only louder and longer. I tried to ignore it again, but then it became apparent that it was only going to get louder. I got out of bed thinking "There better not be a cat in my room!" I turned on the light, looked at the clock, 3 am. GRRRRR! Looked at the door, and sure enough, THERE'S A CAT IN MY ROOM! So I start toward the door, and the little... ummm... SWEET FLUFFY LITTLE KITTY... darts under the bed! NOOOOO! It took me a few minutes to get her furry little posterior end out from under the bed and toss her out the door, where our other cat was sitting waiting. Oh well, these things happen, and I was so tired, that I was sure I'd fall right back to sleep. I was right, I did. But a few minutes later, I hear the mewing again. And banging. Yes, banging. She's knocking on the door to be let back in. HA! Not stinking likely! But she bangs, and bangs and bangs on the door, until she got tired of it I guess.

Well, now she seems the think this is her throne room or something, and demands to be let in! I'm trying to sleep here and I got this teenager cat banging on my door! Then of course, when I do open the door, she's all sweet and cuddly and *sigh* who can resist?
Never mind, I think we'll keep her a little longer, you know, to see how it goes...(because in truth, while some days I'd like to sell her to the migrant blueberry pickers, she's got a few of us wrapped around her little...ummm...paw!)

5 comments:

Erna said...

Awww . . . sweet but disrupting your sleep is not so nice. I'm done with pets for now but maybe someone else will jump in and take her, if you don't end up keeping her.

Grafted Branch said...

Oh, have a heart! Where else is a sweet kitty supposed to sleep?

mouse said...

This is the funniest story I have read today. Two of ours sleep on our bed at the foot of it right between Jerry and I

Julie said...

I dunno, Connie...nothing comes between me and my sleep. Not even my beloved kitty-boy.

He stays ALL night in our laundry room (er...his throne room...). I've trained him that way since he was 8 weeks old. Every night he WANTS to be 'put to bed'. And we ALL get a good night's sleep!

Janean said...

Yep! I have a cat like this, too! If she had opposable thumbs she would open the door herself...she reaches up to try and turn the door handle from the inside. But when she's outside...OH YAH! She BANGS on the door. My babysitter almost called the cops one night cuz I forgot to tell her about the cat who sounds like she's ripping the siding off the house when she wants in.
And I agree...it ain't very funny at 3 am when you go to bed at 1am! :D