Friday, November 03, 2006

How far have you gotten?

Part 1 - Christmas shopping! Done yet? Picked up a couple things here and there? Think about what you are going to buy/make for whom? Wondering where the other 10 months of the year went, because you can swear it was just Christmas last week?

I have a confession to make. I usually do my Christmas shopping in December. LATE December. Like, usually around the 22. For a long time it was because we lived paycheck to paycheck with very little left over for anything. That was when we had the money available that we could spend. And then, well, it was just because I was am disorganized.

So please don't faint when I tell you, I started my Christmas shopping last week!! Even BEFORE halloween! Are you proud of me?! And, if that's not enough to make the people who truly know me say "who are you and what have you done with the real Connie?" I've even got AN ORGANIZED SYSTEM! I have a set amount for each child that I have available to spend, so I've made envelopes with each kid's name on it and put the money inside. I keep a running total on the outside of the envelope of how much I've spent so I know how much is in there, and when I buy something for that child, I put the receipt in the envelope should I need to return something later on.

We're not going to discuss Christmas cards though.

Part 2 - NaNoWriMo! Are you playing? So far I'm having a blast! This is my first year. The goal is to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. My word count as of this post is 6285. How far are you?

2 comments:

Erna said...

Way to go! I'm of the group that likes to start shopping early . . . my hubby leaves things off a little while longer. LOL! I remember the one year I waited until last minute (b/c I didn't have $$ to buy Adam a gift but got some unexpectedly last minute) and it was pure chaos! Ah, "Sweet Serenity" is the title of my blog . . . is it any surprise I don't do well in chaos? LOL! (Sorry post got a bit long here)

Grafted Branch said...

Ugh. Christmas shopping. I'm losing interest. So much of our shopping is really just to keep the peace with distant relatives. Isn't that awful? We should have a better attitude about it -- maybe this will be the year.