Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I quit.

NaNoWriMo that is. I was on track, I had almost 27,000 words, but a few days ago, I just decided to stop. To take a whole month and devote most of my spare time to writing, especially a month that contains things like Thanksgiving, was just a bad plan for me. So, because I don't want to feel like I should be writing instead of playing with the kids, or writing instead of doing other things I like, like beading, or writing instead of getting an extra hour's sleep, I quit.

And I feel good about that.

1 comment:

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Good for you. NaNoWriMo sounds kinda iffy to me.. a whole novel in a month??? would it be worth reading if it was rushed like that?

Take time, smell the roses.. the pen will beckon when the spirit moves you!

Hugs

Julie