Friday, November 10, 2006

I'm REALLY thankful for...

These guys.

My roof has been in terrible shape since I moved in to this house 7.5 years ago. For 5 of those years, my ex-husband pretty much ignored it hoping it wouldn't get worse (HA!) It has gotten worse. When he was arrested, the people in my church group really stepped up to be God's hands and feet for us. Two and half years have passed, and I haven't been at church regularly at all because of my work schedule, but these people continue to pray for my family. Today, a bunch of them showed up to rip the shingles off my roof. That's right, they're putting a new roof on my house. They raised the money, and volunteered the manpower, and I had no idea until they showed up. One family even brought everything these guys would need to have dinner! I'm amazed, blessed, and grateful.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Hallelujah! I am just rejoicing with you, Connie. What a tremendous blessing for you and a great relief, as well.

God BLESS those dear people for helping you like this.

HotRodHanna said...

I just found your blog. A dispatcher and 5 kids? You are a real life superhero!

Susie said...

Wow, now that is what I call a church right out of the book of Acts. I love when great surprises happen for well-deserving people like yourself. May all who helped be blessed!

mouse said...

That is really cool Connie. Church families can be such a blessing. I know that is such a relief for you and your family. We really need to find a church for the fellowship and because that is where we should be on Sunday.

Jennifer said...

wow, what a way to be love in action! I'm so glad you were blessed.

Jenny in Ca