Sunday, November 19, 2006

Thankful

Because it's almost Thanksgiving, and because my family and I have been so very blessed, I am going to keep adding to my list of things for which I am thankful. I'm hoping to reach 1000 by the end of November.

Wanna play? Let me know in the comments and we can link up.

1) God's loving care for us. Each and every thing on my list, always comes back to this!
2) My oldest daughter, Allison
3) My 17 year old son
4) My 14 year old daughter
5) My 9 year old daughter
6) My 6 year old son
7) The fact that they've all been really healthy, no major medical issues with any of them.
8) The fact that all of them are good thoughtful kids.
9) My job. Yes, I'd love to be able to stay home with my kids, but if I have to work, at least it's a job I love and is important.
10) A house to live in
***
11) My friend Sarah
12) My friend Becky
13) My sisters
14) My church family
15) My cats Zorro and Chloe
16) That we have food to put on the table
17) Phoenix winters
18) Mountains to hike
19) Amazing sunsets
20) Breathtaking sunrises
21) The smell of the desert after it rains
21) Rainbows (I know there's 2 #21's... just seeing if you were paying attention. Really! Plus, ummm, sleep deprivation? Can I blame that?)
22) Storm clouds
***
23) Friends who are willing to be God's hands and feet
24) Warm running water
25) Electricity
26) Good books
27) The internet
28) Email buddies
29) Blog buddies
30) Chai tea
31) Songs that kids sing
32) Music
33) Hugs
34) Photographs
35) The telephone
***
36) Babies to squeeze in the nursery at church
37) I don't have to take any of those babies home with me.
38) Holiday pay
39) Overtime pay
40) Holiday and overtime pay for the same day
41) The evap cooler (yes, in November, I am still trying to cool my house!)
42) Grown children who are able to stop at Costco for their mother and buy the good chicken nuggets.
43) Having a child who works at a movie theater (can we say free movies?)
44) My camera
45) My pillows
46) My bed
***
47) Clean water to drink
48) Access to medical care if we need it
***
49) That this old dog is learning new tricks, at least at work
50) My trainer at work for dispatch. I lucked out!
51) Kids that still like to snuggle
52) One kid who LIKES to do homework
53) Kids who love to read
***
54) The supervisors on my shift at work
55) The freedom I have at work to do pretty much what I want between calls
56) Email
57) My laptop
58) The fact that my kids don't use my laptop!
59) That my kids have nice friends on the street to play with
60) That when my kids play together, they laugh and laugh and have the best time
61) The FBI
62) Plea bargains
63) Chocolate
64) Mint
65) Chocolate and mint together!
66) Gummy bears
(But I'm not thankful for guacamole.)
***
67) Kleenex
68) Sudafed
69) Warm apple cider
***
70) Paid sick time
71) non-leaking roof
72) warm showers
73) Showers that actually drain
74)
To be continued....

Lisa has a daily thankful list and mouse is trying for 1000 too... What are YOU thankful for?!

11 comments:

Rebekah said...

thats a neat idea, I may do something like that on my blog

Paulette said...

Hey Connie,
Thankyou for your sweet words on my blog, they mean alot. You inspire me at the love you have for your children as well. May God richly bless you. Ill be back.

Mrs Lifecruiser said...

you mentioned that you were interested, so come on over and have some Friday fun bun :-)

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Those are all wonderful things to be thankful for. What a lovely idea!

I can't wait to read them all :)

Hugs

Julie

MommaM said...

WOW! I'd have to work hard to get to 100, but 1000? I'm sure I'm thankful for that many, but it would be a good challenge to get them all down. What a cool idea! It will be interesting to read through your list. ;)

mouse said...

Hey this is a cool idea connie. I will try it, 1000 seems like a lot but I am willing to give it a go. I don't know how to do that link thing I don't think though.

lori said...

I have been posting about this all month. Great list!

mouse said...

Hey Connie you have one extra one, you did #21 twice.

HotRodHanna said...

Great idea! There is always so much to be thankful for, we just get too busy to stop and notice!

Eagles Wings said...

I don't know if I can make a 1000 but I'll give a smaller version a try.! Thanks for the idea..I'm have a blogging block (writer's block) Can't think of anything to write about...you know~

Gabrielle said...

I've been doing my list here. It's supposed to be 1,000 things on the list, but not sure if I could add that much. Hehe.