Friday, December 22, 2006

The Final Countdown

Well I still have a few more gifts to buy/wrap, but that shouldn't be too bad. And I still have to get the groceries for our Christmas breakfast and Christmas dinner.

Christmas dinner is going to be a bit weird non-traditional this year. I have to work the night before and Christmas night, and I'll have to sleep somewhere in there so.... Here's how I'm thinking the day will play out:
7:15 am - Arrive home from work, get breakfast started, and get everyone up to open presents.
8:00-12:00 - Nap while the bigger kids get some of part of our dinner prepared.
12:00-1:00 - Get ready to leave the house to go on our... Christmas day picnic! That's right. The menu for Christmas dinner is - Steak, baked potato, corn on the cob, and fruit salad enjoyed somewhere on the side of a mountain! For dessert, chocolate chip cheesecake! The activity for the day will be hiking up the side of that mountain.
5:00-9:30 - Try my best to get some more sleep before it's time to go back to work. Here's praying for a boring night at 911, but Christmas can be iffy - families+alcohol=not always a good thing!

I do have a lot to do between now and Christmas, and I bet the rest of bloggydom does too. May you all have a blessed Christmas full of wonderful times with those you love. It's not about the presents or the bows or the cookies baked to perfection - it's about letting the people around you know that you love them. So get busy! :)

Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

Erna said...

Merry Christmas! I hope you can get some rest on the day. My hubby works nights too on Christmas Day but not the night before, that would make the day extra tricky. I'm amazed you can have broken up sleep like that and still go into work. Enough about that . . . my mouth is still watering after reading your post and the recipes. Ahhh . . . cheesecake! Did you have to mention it? LOL! Merry Christmas Connie (& family)!

Rebekah said...

I understand where you are coming from. There are some things I just dont miss about working nights. Have a Merry Christmas