Tuesday, December 05, 2006

"If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all" - Eeyore

Not me, but my daughter, Allison, the 21 year old. That's about how she's feeling about her car right now.

She got it in February. She traded in her ugly old white Ford Taurus for a cool, cute red 2005 Dodge Neon. 5 days after she got it, someone hit her. Dented up the driver's side. Nobody was hurt, it was relatively minor but still over $2000 to fix, but the other driver's insurance paid.

Then the check engine light started going on, and she's never been able to get that resolved.

And then someone stole all 4 tires from her car and damaged the underside badly when they dropped it back on the ground.

Then when it came time to need air conditioning, she discovered the a/c didn't work. Have you ever been in Phoenix in July? Have you ever been in a car without air conditioning in Phoenix in July?


Here's what her car looks like today.... apparently her roommate misjudged the distance and scraped up against a pole. I don't think I've ever seen a car with such bad luck!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

My cousin has had bad luck with her car too. It's broken down more times than I can count, plus she's hit two deer, gotten her tires slashed and gotten into an accident! And it's like a 2003 car!

Jennifer said...

oh, that is just so sad. I feel really bad for her. I finally got my first brand new car two years ago, at the age of 32! and it was a astro van, not the cute rag top jeep I always wanted...but, I did want this, I picked it. But, a friend leaned on the hand rail on the dashboard and broke it, the windshild cracked, and someone keyed the paint on the back corner. All in one month. Have to remind myself it is just a 'thing' and let it go...
I do feel her pain. I hope her luck changes.

Jenny in Ca

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

OH dear.. poor Allison! I sure hope her luck turns soon!

Erna said...

Oh wow! (I'm kind of humbled when I think about what I've just posted about our misfortune with our snowmen today. Maybe I should delete my post.)