Monday, December 11, 2006

What I learned at work this week

I learned that at 5 am, when I'm really tired, it's a bad idea to try to say one thing and read another at the same time. So the call type I was trying to dispatch, a 901H (said 901Henry) got mixed up with the direction I was reading and came out as 901 henwy. Over the air.

Another thing I learned is that mild dyslexia is magnified at least 10 fold when I'm tired. When trying to repeat the time over the air at 4:57 AM is not an easy thing for me to do.

The third thing I learned is that when you combine the first two lessons in a short period of time, the officers WILL razz you :P

2 comments:

Janean said...

It's ok...you can get them back later.
Like the first time one of them is in training and calls a Code 99 (officer in danger) on the ACTIVE channel (vs the Tach channel) and scares the pee out of you.
Or the time one of them gets to pick up Porta-potties off the hiway...
Or rescues a sheep napped from a field next to the hiway and makes the theives take it Baaaaaack to said field. :D
The great thing about your job is that, serious as it is, there are numerous opportunities for "razzin'". !
Yer in my prayers, girl.

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

OOPS! Oh well.. a little Razzing builds community spirit right?

Hugs

Julie