Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Work stuff

Had an interesting night the other night at work - we had officers catch an armed robbery suspect who had stolen a car at gunpoint about 40 minutes before that... very cool... even cooler when they found another car in front of the guys house that had also been taken at gunpoint. This is a bad guy they caught. Sometimes the good guys do win!

I'm starting to get a little frustrated in my training. I keep trying to remind myself that I felt the same way when I was in 911 training, that I'd never get it. Nothing like training to make one feel as dumb as dirt and totally inadequate. My trainer is patient, but I can tell she's expecting me to be catching on a little quicker. We're in week 7 of training that usually lasts 6 months or so, and I keep reminding myself of that... but still I'm wishing I were getting this better. For the first time since training started, I'm glad to be in 911 tonight where I know what I'm doing :)

There is, however, comic relief always at this job, in both 911 and on the radio side. In 911, you gotta laugh when people call to report UFO's or claim to be communicating telepathically with their dead girlfriend who's mad because she was decapitated and they can't find her head... However in radio, we have one precinct of officers who have apparently watched "SuperTroopers" one too many times, and keep meowing in the background when other officers are trying to clear over the radio. You should have heard them when they got called to a burglar alarm at a veterinarian's office, and the responsible person said to cancel it because it was probably just a cat wandering around the building...

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Thanks for stopping by my pictures today - Come back any time! I too was honored with an award from Grafted Branch. What a wonderful surprise!

Your job sounds like something right out of a t.v. show!

Erna said...

Too funny.

Jessica said...

Hahahaha, that's so funny! I love reading your stories from work!

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Score one for the good guys!!!