Tuesday, December 19, 2006

WW - Tree Treasure

Ok, so this is not quite Wordless, but, indulge me this once :)

I didn't participate when other people were posting their tree treasures and linking up somewhere... I can't even remember who was hosting that, but I do have some I'd like to share.

I'm not sure where we got this one, but we've had it for a very long time, since my 21 year old was about 5. A lot of my older ornaments got ruined the summer before last when the kids left the pool water on and flooded the basement. Twice. I'm over it...

My bestest friend in the whole world gave me this one, probably around the same time we got the crayola bear, so this is an older ornament too. She said the piggie with it's head in a barrel is her because she was tired of hearing Christmas music! I think of her whenever I see it. Love you Sarah!

This one was given to me by a friend from church who is moving away in March. I think it's one of the cutest things we have on the tree.

This picture isn't so clear, but it was the best I could do... This one was in a set of 3 sent to me by one of the May Moms either last year after we lost all our ornaments, or the year before, which was the first year after my ex-husband was arrested and Christmas was particularly rough. It's very special to me.

This one is new this year - I made it.

All the ornaments ON the tree are very nice, but I like the ones UNDER the tree - they seem to have taken up residence there!


Dont forget to the visit WWHQ for more Wordless Wednesday fun!

23 comments:

Jessica said...

You can have an unwordless Wednesday everyonce in a while :) I love the pictures of the kitty!

Missy said...

Beautiful ornaments and the cats are gorgeous!

Holly said...

What a beautiful array of ornaments! Happy WW and Merry Christmas!
Hugs,
Holly
Holly's Corner

Grafted Branch said...

Those are great ornaments...you really should go over to Boomama's tour and link up!

I had a black cat like that once. He used to suckle my earlobes (he was soooooo very little then). His name was Pounce and he was about the nicest cat ever.

crickl's nest said...

Connie, I love the cat pic! heehee

The Christmas tour of homes is at boomama.com and you can still list your sight there! There are still tons of people visiting from that listing.

Merry Christmas!

tiggerprr said...

Love the kitties! :)

~ Stacy ~ said...

The Crayola bear ornament is adorable. I think I have an angel similar to the one you have here, too. Very nice.

Happy Holidays!

Wendy Ann Edwina D'Cunha e Pereira said...

lovely cat... lovely ornaments....

mar said...

Glad you explained a bit about the pretty ornaments!! love ythe cats too!
happy ww :)

amy said...

Those are precious. I wish I could remember to do something like that..thanks for participating

Gattina said...

I like the pigs on the tree, but I prefer the cute things under the tree !

local girl said...

I love the snowman one. He's my favorite!

Sweet Kitty said...

I love the snowman!!!
Very nice pictures!

Hugs and Happy WW from Germany,
Sonny
Have a wonderful Christmas Time!
Sweet like Kitty
Sonny's Xmas

Debs said...

What a great collection :-)

Debbie said...

Wonderful ornaments! Especially the black cat! Wystful1 over at Thanks for the Memories has the parade on ornaments! Check her blog out!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Sanni said...

Just one word: WONDERFUL!

Happy WW and Merry Christmas from Germany,
San

P.S.: Please visit my WW #5 Thanks a lot!

Beckie said...

Wonderful pictures of your ornaments. I especially like the last one!!!! Merry Christmas and Happy WW!

I'm up too at http://beckie-photoblog.blogspot.com/

Susie said...

Love your ornaments. They are so unique and look great with the lights.

Kristen said...

Did I read right? You have a 21 year old? You don't look like you could have a 21 year old (based on your profile pic). Your ornaments are beautiful, and the kitties?! P-R-E-C-I-O-U-S!!!!!!

Eagles Wings said...

I love it! - that's okay it's not a wordless wed,....because we get to hear about the meaning of each ornament which I love....
I love the crayola one I have that exact one...:-)
Blessings and Merry Christmas!

Erna said...

Very nice! I love the little snowman and the ornament you made is FAB!!! WOW! You're very talented!

Michelle said...

I love the cat orniments best, myself.

Blair said...

Awe!! How lovely! I feel all Christmasy :)