Saturday, January 27, 2007

Slightly Amusing Kidstuff

I took Sassy with me to Costco this morning - yes, I finally crawled out of my hole and faced the world, not that I wanted to you understand, but the children had nothing to eat. I'm really tired now, but at least the kids aren't in danger of melting away from starvation anytime soon. So, 9 year old Sassy and I were in Costco, when what to our wondering eyes did appear, an OREO CHEESECAKE! It looked AMAZING. And wow, I was tempted. But no, I don't need that, and neither does my rear end. Sassy also agreed that it looked very good. So much so in fact, that she started giving me reasons why I should buy the cheesecake. And then she started begging, and saying things like "you know you want too..." So I said - not to her mind you, just at the idea of the temptation - "Get thee behind me Satan!" Sweet lovable little Sassy then said "Nope, I'm standing right in front of you!"

I got home, and was putting away our haul, when DQ came in and said out of the blue "Fat penquins break the ice." I just looked at her. Then she said "That's why you should take them to parties."

...

Ok, so I did drop her on head when she was a baby, but I didn't think it was that bad...

4 comments:

Erna said...

LOL! I must say I probably would've purchased the cheesecake if it was in my power to do so. Way to go on resisting the temptation to do so. :0)

Connie said...

I did walk by it 4-5 times thinking "I can afford this, the kids would like it, I should do it..." but in the end I couldn't justify spending $14 on a cheesecake when it's not even anybody's birthday, and when they weighed me at the doctors office the other day I was. not. happy. So I'm pretty happy I held my ground, she was campaigning HARD :D I did give in on some candy for them though, but it was a lot cheaper and stuff I don't like :P

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

HAHAHA.. oh that's too funny!

Hope you're feeling much better soon!

Rebekah said...

I love the penguins joke... I must admit thought, I did have to re-read it to get it...but very cute