Wednesday, February 21, 2007

ABC's of Homemaking

Rebekah at Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe (I LOVE the name of her blog!) tagged me for this meme, so I'll play along. But of course it would be the one subject that is just really not working in my life right now! I was reading her answers and giggling thinking, man I hope nobody asks me that! Then got down to the bottom and saw my name! UGH! But, ok, I'll do it. Won't promise complete and total honesty though!

Aprons- Y/N? - I have one that my sunday school class made me for my birthday a few years ago. It's got everybody's name on it. It's too special to actually use, so I guess I'd have to say no.

Baking- I love baking but finding the time is another issue. DQ has been a baking fiend lately though. She got up at 5am on Monday to bake banana bread for her castmates for play rehearsal.

Clothesline- Y/N? - No. I love clothes dried out on the line, but it's just too easy and fast to pop them in the dryer.

Donuts- Ever made them? - Yep. Once. A long time ago. We'll not discuss the results.

Everyday- One homemaking thing you do everyday? - Honestly these days, I don't think there is a homemaking thing I do everyday. I suck at it, really. Not only that, with my work schedule, the inclination to be picky about my house has totally left me.

Freezer- Do you have a separate deep freezer? - Yep. It was my ex-husband's when we got together, and when he was here and did the shopping it was pretty much kept full and stocked. With me, not so much. I'm considering selling it.

Garbage Disposal- Y/N? - Yes. I don't think I'd know what to do without one anymore.

Handbook- Y/N? - I have most of the handbooks to appliances and such. Somewhere. Don't ask where....

Ironing- Only if I absolutely must.

Junk Drawer- Where is it? - it's the drawer right over the cabinet where we keep our ziploc bags, aluminum foil and trash bags. It's the drawer closest to the door.

Kitchen- Design and decorating? - It was remodelled about 5 or 6 years ago after a major leak that caused a lot of damage. There was mold in the walls and cabinets, so they all had to be replaced. Insurance paid for most of it. We had an old cooktop and wall oven that could not be replaced because they don't make that size anymore, so darn, we had to get a whole new stove and counter top! I like my countertop, it's a champaign color with oak trim on the front. As far as the rest of the decor, it needs redone badly. It's just been the last thing on my mind for the past 3 years.

Love- What is your favorite part of homemaking? - ......

Mop - Y/N? - That's why I have children...

Nylons- Wash by hand or in the washer? - I rarely wear them. When I do, I wash them out by hand.

Oven- Do you use the window or open it to check? - Open it usually.

Pizza- What do you put on yours? - a favorite is ham and pineapple, but really, anything except anchovies, ewwwww

Quiet- What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment? - sleep.

Recipe card box- Y/N? - no.

Style of house - Ranch, I guess. We do have a basement which is VERY rare for houses in Arizona.

Tablecloths and napkins- Y/N? - For everyday use, no way.

Under the kitchen sink - Dish soap, dishwasher detergent, other misc cleaning supplies.

Vacuum- How many times a week? - Again, God made teenagers for a reason... :P

Wash- How many loads do you do a week? - Me personally, 2, but the kids do a lot more. The 9 year old washes towels on Wednesdays, and the two teenagers are responsible for washing the two younger kids' clothes.

X's- Do you keep a list of things to do and cross them off? - That would require me to do them, right?

Yard- Who does what? - Me, when it gets done, or sometimes I ask one of the kids if I have a specific job for them to do. I have desert landscaping in the front so that makes it easy. I am not going to discuss the backyard. This is one of the things that as a single working parent, I feel like I can't keep up with.

ZZZ's- What is your last homemaking task for the day? - Ummmm... nothing routine, since my routine is pretty backwards!

I'll tag Janean and Jessica and anybody else who wants to play :)

4 comments:

Erna said...

I enjoyed reading this Connie. I have mine stored away to post soon. I can't recall whose blog I got it from. :0)

I hope you're feeling much better these days.

Rebekah said...

See that wasnt so painful. And you are braver than I am to let kids to laundry. Well, maybe girls would be more responsible. I wouldnt trust my boys to add the correct amount of detergent.... uhm, I found out the other day that the 13 yr old hasnt been using soap or washing his hair...blugh.

Connie said...

I didn't say I let them wash MY clothes! LOL!

But because I simply can't do everything myself, they help, and I praise God for that. They do it willingly, even if it's not always done as well as I would do it.

Janean said...

OH GOODY! I Got TAGGED again. I LOVE this. I tagged you for one on my page, too. Five reasons you blog. But you don't have to do it if you don't wanna, you know! :D
I am SOOOOO glad you're feeling better!