Friday, March 23, 2007

Mini-vacation almost over

My mini vacation is almost over *sigh* It's just as well, because I got almost nothing done that I wanted to get done. Mr. Big Black Trash Bag did leave the house fat and happy though.

Today I took Sassy and Snugglebutt hiking, it was a really fun day. Now we're totally wiped out, but that's how it goes :) I took a LOT of pictures, which will be appearing here I'm sure :) For now I wanted to share this one, which I thought was very cool. The mountains we went to (White Tank Mountains) is very near Luke Air Force Base, and on our way home, we could see the jets flying in formation, zipping here, there and everywhere. There were several cars lining the streets so that people could watch, and we stopped too. I was so excited! My kids? Not so much. I couldn't believe they didn't even care!

7 comments:

Susie said...

I love the picture! One of my favorite things as a kid was going to watch the Blue Angels at air shows with my family. Sorry your time off has come to an end, but hiking with kids sounds like fun. Your previous post was so cute!

aka_Meritt said...

I can't believe believe Spring Break has passed now... and it went so quickly! We didn't 'do' anything during it this year (partly money and partly because the kids said no, they just wanted to hang out with friends this week).

I'm amazed at how quickly 'time' passes now that we are adults.

Janean said...

GORGEOUS! You got them centered perfectly. Great composition, lady! WOW.

Connie said...

Yeah well ummm, I cropped it :)

Julie said...

Who cares if you didn't get everything done that you wanted? Everyone needs time to just do nothing. Period. I mean, isn't that what vacations are for (sometimes?)

Your hike sounds like it was fun. The picture you took is fabulous!

Rebekah said...

Great picture. I love going to air shows... my kids, could care less. What is up with that? :)

Jessica said...

Great picture! I used to go to the air show every year back in Ohio.