Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Spring-Bloggy Break


I think I am going to take a bloggy break for the next few days. It's already been a week since I posted, and I don't think I've left any comments in at least that long... Part of my problem is no sleep. I've gotten an average of 3.5 hours of sleep for the past 4 days, and that doesn't work well for me. So I'm tired beyond all reason. And now my kids are on Spring Break, and two of them are gone for a week. So for right now it's just me and the two youngers. The teens are in Ohio, and the oldest still insists she'd rather pay rent than live here. Fine I say :P I'm off for the next 4 nights (WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO! I'd do a cartwheel if I thought I could accomplish that without breaking an important part of my person...) So, tomorrow we have a date, the three of us... with Mr. Big Black Trash Bag. Kids don't like him much, but I adore him. And wow, it will be a field day for him in those rooms. The rest of the days we'll come up with some things to do, but I'm going to take this time to be with them.

But before I offically start my break, a kid funny:
Today we went to lunch with my former sister-in-law, the only member of my ex-husband's family I can be around without it being totally awkward. She has a 2 1/2 year old daughter, who is just adorable of course. So, FSIL says to Sassy "So, what else are you guys doing, besides going to school." Sassy says "Oh, not much, you know... I'm going to take a road trip though. By myself." She pauses. "Yeah, without my family. I'm going to steal my mother's car." FSIL said "Oh, that's nice." Sassy says "Yes, and I'm taking ALC (adorable little cousin) with me. Right ALC?" So then ALC, who may I remind you is 2.5 years old, says "Yep. I'll bring the ice cream!"

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

lol, that is so cute

Jessica said...

Hahaha, I love it! I'll bring the ice cream... sounds good to me!!