Thursday, March 08, 2007

What Inspires Me - Photo Contest


Kailani at An Island Life is having a photo contest! You can go see the other entries and vote - Voting is March 9th-11th! I' love it if you woud vote for me, but if not, that's ok too! Here's my entry :) The theme is what inspires you...

I couldn't narrow it down to just one picture, so I made a bunch of pictures one image. Nature inspires me. It inspires me to trust more in the God that creates such a wide variety of sights, smells, and colors for us to enjoy. Rainbows inspire me to have hope, as does the sun peeking through rain clouds. And when the rays of the sun break through and touch the mountains, to me it's like God saying "I'm still here, I haven't forgotten." My kids inspire me. Allison inspires me to just have fun. Sam inspires me to try new things and to dig deeper in m faith. DQ inspires me to be artistic and creative. That's how she is. Sassy inspires me to be resilient and strong. In a lot of ways, she's my hero. Snugglebutt inspires me to take the time to remember these days of their childhood is very fleeting, and to get the hugs in now before it's too late.

9 comments:

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Beautiful, beautiful pictures! Had to check out the competition - ha ha. I will be back - I enjoyed reading your post. Can you tell me how you did the picture deal - that looks cool? I have a ton of nature photos I would love to post like that.....thanks!
Dana

Mert said...

Wow, your photos are gorgeous! I can see why you are inspired :D

Holly said...

You have a definite skill in photography to capture such beautiful photos! Great job!

Hugs,
Holly
Holly's Corner

Janean said...

How do we vote for you? I went there and looked at Kailani's and couldn't figure it out! HELP

Julie said...

Connie,
Your photos are nothing short of stunning. You have a keen eye and a great talent, girl! I'm gonna go cast my vote for you.

kailani said...

You should actually print something like that so you can frame it and hang it up. It's amazing!

Thank you for entering the contest and good luck!

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

WOW Connie those are just stunning! I think my favourite one is the butterfly but I'm not 100% sure on that .. the clouds and the little hand got me too!

Eagles Wings said...

Wow some stunning photographs!!! I hope you won! I haven't checked it out. Hey miss your Wordless Wednesday photo's but of course - see you are busy with 4 children - Wow! Blessings
EaglesWings

HotRodHanna said...

The pictures are really beautiful, you have a great eye. I love that you included your kids in the collage! Children are some of God's best handiwork!