Monday, August 27, 2007

Rachel Ray I'm not...

Before my day yesterday was ruined by the bike thief, I had a bit of a mishap in the kitchen. I cooked. Sometimes that works out really well, sometimes not so much. Yesterday was a not so much time. I've seen several recipes that call for wine to be added to sauces, so I was experimenting. Maybe I picked the wrong wine or something, but uhhh... my sauce ended up... purple. It tasted good, but it sure did look, well... icky.

What was your biggest blunder in the kitchen?


Powered by ScribeFire.

4 comments:

Grafted Branch @ Restoring the Years said...

Ha! Every meal is a blunder in my kitchen. Except for pb&js; I do those pretty well.

Rebekah said...

The first time I made potato soup I drained the liquid from the potato after they boiled. Which the liquid is the "soup" part of the dish. What I ended up with was soupy mashed potatoes.

Ann said...

I forgot the sugar in some arepas (like corn muffins)--they were pretty inedible, and it was for a dinner party!

Michelle said...

LOL . . ann reminded me . . trying to make banana bread while working under pregnant head, I forgot the butter and baking soda . . or was it baking powder, and was a banana short . .

It was awlful!