Friday, August 10, 2007

We don't call her Drama Queen for nuthin'

Once again tonight I was thoroughly entertained by the theater program at DQ's school. I am always just so impressed with the shows these kids put on. Tonight it was Is he Dead by Mark Twain. The basic story line is this artist fellow and his girlfriend's family owe some money to a shady art dealer. In order to get the money to pay the art dealer back, the artist fakes his death, because most of the time the value of the artwork goes up significantly once the artist is dead. In order to pull off the ruse, the artist pretends to be his own twin sister. The artist was played by one of my 18 year old sons' dear friends. This boy has spent countless weekends over our house, and in fact, he was the one who babysat Sassy and Snugglebutt this past summer when my 3 older kids were out of town. This is also the kid with whom Sam and their other friend decided one thanksgiving to build a fort underground... So this is the first play I've seen him in, and wow, he was GREAT! He wore a dress though most of the play, but he was fantastic! And made such a pretty girl too, LOL! They all did a fantastic job, and DQ looked amazing, SO grown up. Their dress was a Victorian style, and the girls' hair was done up in these fancy buns. I didn't get to take many pictures, because photography during the play was not allowed, but I did take one while they were taking their bows, and then one afterward when the actors were outside mingling with people. The one during their bows is kind of blurry, but you get the idea :) My daughter is the one in the white blouse sitting on the couch. Just in case you couldn't tell.




Powered by ScribeFire.

3 comments:

Eduardo said...

Single parenting dispatcher with a whole buncha kids... sounds familiar.

Michelle said...

I loved high school drama . . . and this particular play sure sounds intreging! Congrats to your daughter and her friend . . .
:-)

Susie said...

Sounds like a wonderful play! I love going to the theater, but I haven't been in years. Your daughter looks beautiful.