Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Awards

My dear friend Janean thinks I'm worthy of another award. This one is called the Mathetes award, and according to her website, it says "Mathetes is the Greek word for disciple, and the role of the disciple (per the Great Commission) is to make more disciples. I'd like to take the opportunity to award five other bloggers with this award and badge for acting in the role of a disciple of Christ." I'm truly humbled that someone thinks I deserve an award like this. But to be honest with you, I'm just not sure about these bloggy awards. I mean, I like recognition as well as the next person, but I like the idea better of just letting your fellow bloggers know you appreciate them. Part of it is how many of these are linked back to someone else's site, and it's a way for the creator of the award to generate traffic. Not that I'm against generating traffic, but if I pick 5 people, and they each pick 5 people, and then those people pick 5 people... Well, I'd rather just write a post linking to blogs that inspire me to get closer to God, and have that be the end of it. Or let people know by commenting that they have made a difference in my life. I guess I'm a stick in the mud, I don't play well with others, or something, but I can't accept this award, even though I really REALLY appreciate the thought behind it. The other thing is that in school I was always the last to be picked for the kickball team, and that wasn't fun. I don't want anybody to be left out or last to be picked!

There are several blogs out there that encourage me to look at God and my faith in ways I haven't before, so I'll just say a blanket thank you, and please, keep blogging!

Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

Debbie C. said...

I really like your blog and your sincere honesty. I think it is a "fresh breath of air" in a very smog covered world. Keep it up!!
Blessings~

Grafted Branch @ Restoring the Years said...

Aha! So, I *should* maybe read something into your silence in my comment section. I knew it! ;)

I wink, but truly--where've ya' been?