Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Pictures

If you click on the slideshow, it will open up the album to see the pictures one at a time. I uploaded 42 of the 341. Some of them are pictures that DQ took. A lot of the ones she took are at odd angles - I always knew she had a different way of looking at things :) First we went to Walnut Canyon and saw the cliff dwellings of the Sinagua Indians. It was breathtakingly beautiful there, although it's hard for me to imagine living there. The walk down the canyon was great fun, the walk back up though, ummm, yeah. Then we went to the Meteor Crater, which at first seemed like "whoopee, a hole in the ground caused by a big rock..." but it really is interesting. They have a tour of the rim that lasts about an hour, and is very interesting. We enjoyed it very much, it was quite educational. Then we headed to The Petrified Forest, in which my kids kept saying "but there are no trees in this forest!" Well, we found one... The Painted Desert and Petrified Forest were beautiful, but by this time the 7 year old (along with everybody else) was pretty tired and didn't have the patience to stay long enough for me to get the sunset pictures I really wanted. But that just means I'll have to go back a different time! On our way back to the hotel, DQ insisted we get pictures of the Wigwam Motel on Route 66, which absolutely HAS to be the inspiration for that motel in the D!sney movie Cars. It was a really fun day, but to further prove that I am an airhead, I totally did not even think of sunscreen, and last night and today, I am paying for it. The kids for some reason didn't get sunburned. I however did. My face, the back of my neck and my arms. It was so bad I didn't sleep well. Today we may check out the Riordan Mansion and Lowell Observatory, both very close by here. Then it's back home.

1 comment:

Janean said...

GREAT pictures. I can see ya'll are having a blast. :D
Happy Vacation.

I have a "gift" for you over at my page. Because you are such a blessing to me.