Monday, November 12, 2007

Can I just complain a little bit?

It's 8:02 am. I got home from work and taking the kids to school about 15 minutes ago. I want desperately to go to sleep. But I can't. Why? Because the next door neighbor is warming up his truck. Like he does every day right at the time when I want to sleep. It's been running in his driveway since I got home. It's the loudest truck I've ever heard in my entire life, and it's not even a semi. Complete with squealing belts and everything. See, their driveway is right next to my bedroom, so it's really really loud. For the past year or more, I've been tempted every morning to call the police for a noise disturbance, but because I work for them, I know the truck will leave before any officers can get here, and I really don't want to have a bad relationship with my neighbors. I like them, they are nice people, I just hate their stinkin truck! The thing is - this is ARIZONA! It's not even cold outside!

There's a really big problem with vehicle thefts here, especially when people leave their car or truck running and go back into the house. I hear it almost every day. I can almost guarantee you that this truck will never be stolen this way. Why? Just because it's so darn annoying!!

3 comments:

Debbie C. said...

Ugh, that must be so totally frustrating to you. The only thing I can suggest is that you begin to pray for this man every time you hear the truck running. It kind of kills the anger and also you are accomplishing something for God's kingdom. A lot of times at night, when I can't sleep, which is alot these days, I just pray and it really helps me to relax and fall asleep faster.

Robyn Jones said...

That's funny, because my DH was complaining about one of our neighbors trucks this morning as he got ready for work...LOL!

Janean said...

I think my neighbors feel the same way when I have to grind the ignition on my burban for 3 minutes then rev it for about 10 before I take off every morning and chug and backfire down the road. I know I'd want to shoot me! :D
complain away, girlfriend! THat's what friends are for...