Friday, November 16, 2007

I have officially lost my mind

I've suspected it for a while, but now there is no doubt. The proof? The fact that I willingly invited 3 children who are not mine to spend the night, and it's not even anybody's birthday. So, right now I have a 7 year old, two ten year olds, and two 12 year olds in my living room. 3 boys and two girls. 3 rambunctious loud boys, and 2 squealing girly-girls. My 18 year old says he's not coming home tonight, but I can't imagine why...

Saturday morning update: Yes Rebekah, we did survive the night, but just barely! I finally made sure they knew the address in case they set the house on fire and had to call 911, and locked myself in my room. I made sure to tell them in case they had to call, not to tell the operator they knew me. Actually, they're all having a really good time. The extra girl that's here is the only girl in a family of 6 kids, so she's having a great time with Sassy. Soon I'm going to give the girls some beads and string while the boys are busy with video games. My major complaint is that they don't eat anything. And then my kids don't eat while they are here. So last night for dinner I gave everybody the same amount that my kids normally eat. We wasted a LOT of food, then a half hour later, they were begging for something to eat. Other than that though, it's loud, but it's all good.

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

Its Saturday morning now. I hope you survived the night

Debbie C. said...

So, maybe you had a moment of insanity, but you are an awesome mom to allow that many kids in your house at one time. I always say it gets scary when the kids outnumber the adults, ha!! Glad you survived and they had fun ~

Ann said...

I'm looking forward to those days! We have "pajama parties", but the kids go home before bedtime...

dishywinnie said...

I wouldnt say you ahve lost your mind - just brave - personaly I think Im mad after what I did with my kids last night

Janean said...

Lost your mind? maybe..but I just have to tell you that You Is My Hero!!!
I wish I had the guts...