Sunday, November 25, 2007

The only thing worse...

than getting in a car accident is when your kid gets in a car accident. When you're at work. And you work for 911. And your coworker stands up and says "Connie, I've got your son Sam on the line..." It's an awful awful feeling I had hoped to avoid. But, he's ok, and that's what's important. The other driver is too, and he didn't even flee the scene. He even had insurance, which is kind of a rare thing here.

But, the child has a 1994 Toyota Corolla, and it very well may be totaled. The front axle is definitely bent and there was something leaking, so, it doesn't look good. He only had collision coverage though. The thing is, the police made him vehicle #1. So even though he wasn't cited, it means he caused the accident. Even though he had a green arrow to turn left. The other driver says he had a green light too, and since there were no witnesses, they can't prove he didn't. So Sam failed to yield to oncoming traffic before turning left. What good is a green arrow at all if you have to yield to buffoons who run red lights?? Anyway... I'm trying not to freak out and worry, because if the other guy's insurance doesn't pay for it, I don't know how we're going to fix/replace his car. And he pretty much needs one. But, God has gotten us through worse than this. Way worse. So, I'll choose to trust...

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

Thats the one thing I dread with this job, taking a call from family. Hope Sam is ok and the insurance takes care of you

Tina said...

How good that no person was injured...!
And I'll pray for you that everything will have a good end with the car.

Debbie C. said...

So thankful your son is okay, that is the main thing. I have two teens driving and it is a scary thought that something could happen. I will pray that God will bring good out of this situation for all involved, Blessings!!

dishywinnie said...

Oh connie what a shock Thank God that no one was hurt and praying that is all sorted out quickly

Janean said...

OH crud! I know I get the willies when the tones go off when school is letting out and my girls are walking home. Is it them? will I get the call?
Not so far...the guardian angels have been on duty. :D
I'm so glad the boy is OK! And we'll pray the insurance thing works out...