Wednesday, February 20, 2008

It's been a while

For a while I wasn't posting because I was whiny. I had a pretty bad outbreak of eczema, which I guess turned into a pretty bad case of dermatitis, and I wasn't much fun to be around. Then I just got busy and haven't been keeping up well with this or friend's blogs.

When the eczema was at it's worst, I started doing some research and decided I needed to start eating better to help control it, so I started that around the middle of January. Then I went to the doctor because I was miserable, and was simply horrified by the number on the scale. When I went back 2 weeks later, still miserable, I weighed 7 lbs less. When I went back 2 weeks after that for a follow up (and feeling much better) I had lost another 3 lbs. Now I seem to be stuck, despite eating a lot better and less, and exercising. But I'm not going to give up. I'm trying to get up the courage to be real, spill how much I really do weigh, and post a picture, because public humiliation is a great motivator (although, people in real life see me everyday, as if that's not bad enough!) The thing is, even with only having lost 10 lbs, I have so much more energy. For a long time I've felt useless most of the time, getting not a lot done most of the time. Lately I've even been doing yardwork! *gasp* Little changes do make a big difference.

Thanks to those of you who may still be reading who asked what's up in the past couple days, I really appreciate it! I think I'm ready to come back from my blogging sabbatical, so don't think it's that easy to be rid of me!


3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Glad your back to blogging. Dont get dicouraged, Keep up with the healthy eating.

Joanne said...

Welcome back!

April said...

You were missed. Glad you're back. Take care,

April