Friday, March 14, 2008

Horton Hears a Who

A friend won tickets to a sneak preview and couldn't go, so she gave them to us. We had such a good time! The movie was at The Arizona Center, which even though I've lived here 10 years, I'd never been there before. It's a very cool place. I need to go back there with my camera soon. (I didn't bring it because I didn't want to have to leave it in my car during the movie. It is downtown after all!)

It was a cute movie, and my kids enjoyed it very much, especially the 8 year old. I did start to get a little nervous because I've been to several movies, including kids movies, that are so slanted against Christianity or certain political views that for a while I was just waiting for those subtle messages. With the very protective kangaroo who "pouch schools" and is a little psychotic, it really wasn't that far fetched to expect it. They never really materialized though. The worst word I remember hearing was "boob" and there were no truly scary moments. It was slightly intense when the kangaroo was trying to destroy the clover, but not really scary. Jim Carrey wasn't nearly as obnoxious as he's been known to be, and there were some really funny moments. Should you pay full pop to see it? Well that's up to you. Most of the time when I see a movie, I don't pay for it (gotta love having a daughter who is a manager at a theater) so it's hard for me to say if it's worth the price. I paid $10 for parking, so yeah, it was worth it for us!

Most of the people who went were there because they had won tickets from a radio station, so there were people from the station there giving away Horton ears and other prizes.

My 8 year old answered one of their trivia questions, so he won a little prize. One of the things was a keychain that's in Spanish because it's a Latino radio station (so carried out their contests in English and Spanish) so he wasn't all that thrilled about that, but he was thrilled about his other prize. He's been very into gardening lately, so imagine his excitement when he got this:


I just hope no little specks land on our clovers!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

thanks for the movie review. I think Caleb wants to see it