Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sad

The hardest thing about being a parent so far is letting go. It wasn't so bad when Allison moved out, but now she's moving away and I'm not all that fond of the idea. But, she's almost 23, and has to make her own decisions. So I've been avoiding thinking about it since she mentioned it at the end of last year. But she's leaving tomorrow, so I can't avoid it any longer. She's going back to Ohio, where we both grew up. She honestly has more family there than she does here, so I can understand, I guess. But I'm still sad.


3 comments:

Grafted Branch@Restoring the Years said...

:( Sorry, Connie. Sometimes avoiding thinking about it is all we tender-hearted moms can do...after you say a proper goodbye, of course. Don't skip that, whatever you do.

Debbie C. said...

I know your heart is sad. But, like you said, she is 23. It's hard to let go of them. I still feel like my 21 old daughter is about 9 or 10. It's bittersweet, cuz we want them to grow up and be on their own and yet it's so hard when they do! I'm praying for you both!

Rebekah said...

Im so sorry. Gosh that has to be hard. (((hugs)))