Wednesday, May 21, 2008

laughing at myself

I got home from work/taking the kids to school, got myself an English muffin, then sat down at my laptop which is at the kitchen table. Putzed around for a little while, you know. A few minutes ago I got up to go run to the store for a few quick things, and I couldn't find my keys. Huh. I always put them on the counter by the door. Nope, not there. I know they have to be somewhere here because I got home and got in the house. But just to make sure, I checked the car. Nope, not there. I checked the counter again. Not there. Not on the table. Not in my room. Not in in the pocket of my work pants. So where are they?! Not in the bathroom...WTHeck? Check the counter again, because truthfully, there's a lot of crap on it... nope, not there. Not under the dish towel. Not by the toaster where I made the English muffin. Seemingly, not anywhere. Not in my backpack, not on the floor... Check the counter again, this time, I just happened to look... in the kitchen sink. And there they were. I think I'll blame the cat. Yeah, the cat did it.

2 comments:

Susie said...

That is SO me. It frustrates my family to no end. I don't have a cat to blame it on either.

Michelle in Mx said...

yeah - the cat ;-)