I shamelessly stole this from Michelle at Between Diapers and Dishes, because it looked fun :)
40 of The Most Random Questions You Will Ever Fill Out
1) What side of the heart do you draw first? right
2) Can you dive without plugging your nose? Wait, that would mean I would be able to dive... I can swim like a fish, but the thing about going in the water head first, no, I can't do that.
3) What color is your razor? Blue
4) What is your blood-type? AB+
5) Who would you want to be tied to for 24 hours? Nobody
6) What is a rumor someone has spread about you? When I was a child I had a bad case of eczema in the folds of my arms. One of my classmates started telling everybody that I not only had rashes on my arms, but also on my rear end. It was embarrassing enough to have them on my arms, I really didn't need that, Hallie.
7) How do you feel about carrots? Yummy. Have a hard time keeping them in the house, I guess I'm raising a bunch of bunnies.
8) How many chairs at the dining room table? 6
9) Which is the best Spice Girl? Ummm...
10) Do you know what time it is? Yep, time to take a nap before work. I procrastinate.
11) Do you know all the words to the Fresh Prince Theme Song? No, only the "smell ya later" part.
12) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator? Enjoy the peace and quiet!
13) What’s your favorite kind of gum? Not that I chew it a lot, but I do like cinnamon gum.
14) All’s fair in love and war? Absolutely not. Marriages would be a lot better off if we could esteem others higher than ourselves. If both partners did that, imagine the peace and devotion that would happen in that house. Of course, I'm not one to talk with two failed marriages, but...
15) Do you have a crush on anyone? No. At the moment, I feel too jaded and weary for crushes.
16) Do you know how to use some words correctly, but not know the meaning? Probably. Although, I really want to know the correct usage for the word notated. I personally think that's a dumb word, noted sounds ever so much better and can be used wherever notated is. I mean, at work, I send a message to our vehicle impounds department when I notify an owner that their car was towed, and I get back something like "notated notification at blah blah blah"... why wouldn't that be "noted notification..."? It just sounds better! That's my language rant for the day.
17) Do you like to sleep? whenever possible.
18) Do you know which US states don’t use Daylight Savings Time? Parts of Arizona, and parts of Indiana.
19) Do you know the words to the song Total Eclipse of the Heart? I used to.
20) Do you want a bright yellow ‘06 mustang? Not particularly.
21) What’s something you’ve always wanted? I've always wanted to travel to Europe. Aside from that, yeah, a housekeeper would be great.
22) Do you have hairy legs? No.
23) What does “Semper Fidelis” stand for? "Always Faithful" Latin, Marines.
24) Would you rather swim in the ocean or a lake? Ocean.
25) Do you wear a lot of black? No.
26) Describe your hair. Short, brown with quite a bit of gray showing up, in need of a trim.
27) Do you have Entomophobia? Mildly.
28) Are you an adult? Yes
29) Where is/are your best friend(s)? My lifetime best friend is in Virginia, and my other best friend is about a mile and a half east.
30) Do you have a tan? No. I turn into a lobster. I don't tan well.
31) Are you addicted to TV? No.
32) Do you enjoy spending time with your mother? Wish I could, she passed away when I was 10 - will be 30 years ago this December.
33) Are you a sugar freak? Uh huh.
34) What happened to number 34? My dog ate it. Except I don't have a dog.
35) What sign are you? like, zodiac sign? I'm a leo, but I think that stuff is bolony.
36) Where do you wish you were right now? At the beach.
37) Who did you copy this from? Michelle from Between Diapers and Dishes
38) How do you know them? One of my reads.
39) Have you kissed anyone in the past week? Nobody over the age of 11.
40. Favorite thing to wear to bed? tank top and shorts.
Monday, June 25, 2007
I shamelessly stole this from Michelle at Between Diapers and Dishes, because it looked fun :)
When I got home from Tucson a week and a half ago, I made a discovery that was not particularly welcome. My refrigerator was critically ill. It had been having issues for a while now, and I knew the day would come when it would pass on to that place where all refrigerators go. I made the decision to allow it to die with dignity and not take heroic measures to extend it's life, so began the refrigerator death watch. The refrigerator portion was not keeping things cold, so a good portion of the food I bought at Costco the weekend before was gone. The freezer was keeping things cold, but not frozen. My family spent the week encouraging the brave appliance to make it through just one more day, and we were ever so grateful for each additional day we were able to spend with us and have it provide us with a place to keep our foods cold. At the end of last week, our brave refrigerator passed from this place of working appliances to the place where appliances can run and laugh and play free of worry and strife. We pulled the plug. Our brave refrigerator made it to the point where I was able to buy a new refrigerator, and I counted it a blessing that at least part of it functioned a little bit.
Our grief was short lived, as on Saturday, we welcomed a new refrigerator into our home. My daughter has named it Bob. And so now, I am willing to post a picture of the inside of my fridge, and I can guarantee, it will never be this pretty again :P
Posted by Connie at 12:54 PM
Thursday, June 14, 2007
But we did have fun, got away from home for a couple days, I just wish I got to see my sister more. Now we're home, and I still have a couple days off. Which is very good, because the appraisal for my house is Monday. I guess that means *gulp* I actually have to clean it.
Posted by Connie at 5:08 PM
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Sunday, June 10, 2007
Not only do you have dreams that the police are coming to put you in a room with rubber walls, but they're speaking a language you only understand bits and pieces of, and the only reason you know that much is because you hear conversations with an interpreter in this language all night long. Yes, I've been dreaming in a language that I don't even really know!
Bad news - no real vacation till the end of September.
Good news? I arranged to have an extra day off this week (Wednesday) and my sister that lives 2000 miles away will be in Tucson! She'll there on business, staying at a resort (with a water park!) so the kids and I are going to head down there. So it may not be a vacation, but it will be a nice little getaway!
Posted by Connie at 7:57 AM
Thursday, June 07, 2007
Normally the stuff I hear at work doesn't bother me. Occasionally it all gets to me and I really feel like I can't keep doing this. Then I remember who is in control and it gets better and I love my job again. Sometimes it's hard to lose sight of just who is in control when at least once a night you talk to someone who has been shot, who saw someone get shot, or who has shot someone else. It's been getting to me lately. Part of that is being at police headquarters. I don't feel safe walking in downtown at 11pm. Part of it is hearing reports of violent crimes right down the road from where I live. And I feel less safe at home. I feel like I've lost my innocence in a way. I grew up in a place that was very low in crime. Or at least I didn't have a lot of awareness of it if there was crime. When I was 5 my oldest sister's best friend was abducted and murdered in the woods behind the houses across the street. We moved shortly after. I wasn't aware of any crimes in my neighborhood growing up, none like I hear on a regular basis here. No shootings, no kidnappings, no rapes, no stolen cars, no vehicle burglaries, no graffiti even. We didn't hear gunshots like we do here. I know the area where I grew up is not as safe and idyllic as I believed it to be, and I know it's not as crime free as it once was. But I never once went outside to find the tires missing off the car there, and nobody ever wrote the words "West Side" on my garage door there. I knew crime happened when I was growing up, but it didn't happen near me. Now it's all around me. In a way I wish I could go back to being as ignorant as I once was. I wish my kids could grow up with the feeling of safety that I had. The world is just not the same.
So today, we had some fun. We went to Tempe Beach Park's splash playground. Several of these have been popping up around the Valley of the Sun, and I think they are a brilliant idea, especially on those 100+ degree days (today wasn't one.) The kids had a blast! I went with a friend who brought her kids also, and we had lunch at the park. Tonight? I've got 3 of my friend's kids here sleeping over. Can I plead temporary insanity?
As for being stressed out at work, I know the stuff with the new phone system will pass - either they'll get it straightened out or we'll go back to the old system (please please please) and the bad stuff getting to me will pass too, it always does. I know and trust that God has a plan that I may not understand right now, so I'll cling to that. It's enough.
Posted by Connie at 5:43 PM
Wednesday, June 06, 2007
My Nickname: Racoon Face, Sassy girl
My Mom's Name: Connie
My DOB: 5/4/97
How tall am I? 4'll"
Favorite color? black
Favorite Animals? my cat
Favorite Bands? superchic[k]
Favorite songs? one girl revolution
Favorite TV Shows? sponge bob
Favorite Books? The Series Of Unfortunate Events/Junie B. Jones
My favorite board game is.... Monopoly
My favorite sport is..... talking on the phone
Funniest thing about me: my mom can make up the craziest things to rhyme with my name
My favorite clothes to wear.... my camo pants and turtle shirt
If I were an animal, I'd want to be a .., because... cat,because they can make funny noises and scare little children.....sometimes
When I grow up, I want to be...., because.... teacher because they are veeerrryyy good at scaring little children on purpose
If I were a Superhero, the superpower I'd want would be.. to turn into an invisible cat,so during school,i can be invisible and make a HUGE scratchy noise on the chalkboard
My favorite thing to do with my Mom is...... play animal crossing
My most un-favorite thing to do with my Mom is..... clean my room
What I like to do with my family: go to castles and coasters
I wish my Mom would let me....... stay home alone more often
It would be really cool if kids could... make their mommys clean their rooms(the kids room)
I really like it when Mom cooks.. (bakes)brownies with CHOCOLTE.LOTS AND LOTS OF CHOCOLATE
The chore I HATE the most is... cleaning my room
I'm really good at.... math
My favorite subject in school is... math
I wish I didn't have to learn.... science
True or False:
I like to read. True
I like to write. True
I like to draw. True
I like math. Very True
I like science. Very False
I like history. False
If I were president, I would.... roller skate in the white house
The one "baby story" my mom/dad tells the most about me is... how i used to hate everyone and puke on them on command
1. more wishes
2. lotsa chocolate
3.even MORE wishes
What does your kid have to say?
Posted by Connie at 10:27 AM